Special Pals is stepping out in style with the Walk For A Dog app by Wooftrax. For every walk you take with your dog, you could earn donations for Special Pals!
Two Ways to Walk for a Dog
Walk Your Dog
You take your dog for regular walks anyway, right? Every time you walk, turn on the Walk For A Dog app and you'll be walking for the pups in our shelter. As long as your walk is at least 1/4 mile, it will contribute to Special Pals and earn donations.
Walk With a Friend
We encourage all of our Walk With a Friend volunteers to use the Walk for a Dog app during their walks. A couple of laps around the shelter with our pups adds up to a lot of miles, and a lot of donations! Click here to read more about the Walk With a Friend events happening every Sunday at Special Pals.
Here's how it works:
- Download the Walk For A Dog app on iOS or Android.
- Navigate to Texas and search for "Special Pals, Inc."
- Verify your email address
- Input your dog's information. If you don't have a dog at home, you can still walk for Special Pals by choosing "walk with Cassie".
- Start walking! The app tracks your time, distance, and location on a nifty map. You can even set it to sync with other health and wellness apps, like Apple Health and Fitbit.
After you've been walking a while, you can also check the Impact section to see how much you and others have contributed to Special Pals!
Whether you walk at the shelter or in your own neighborhood, join our walkers today by downloading the Walk For A Dog app.
Thanks for your support!