Qualities of a Special Pals Foster
- Take LOTS of pictures, videos, and network your foster
- Observe behaviors and provide feedback to shelter staff
- Willing to bottle feed puppies or kittens
- Willing to accept pregnant and nursing mothers
- Bring adoptable animals to the shelter and events
- Provide a loving temporary home
Special Pals fosters are an important part of the process when saving lives and helping more dogs and cats find homes. We call on fosters in the height of breeding seasons to give tiny babies a safe and quiet place to grow. We call on fosters to help socialize some of our "tough cases" and to learn more about our pals. Most of all, we call on fosters to help us get these wonderful dogs and cats seen by more people through networking and sharing.
If you have animal foster experience and you want to help Special Pals, we'd love to hear from you.
Looking for a shorter commitment? Check out our Rent-A-Pal program!